BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
- If you have questions about medications or any condition(s) you have relating to your procedure, please call your doctor’s office.
PREPARING FOR THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE
- Please leave all of your jewelry and valuables at home, including any jewelry you wear on a daily basis.
- Please bring your insurance card(s) and a photo ID with you.
- Please bring a list of your medication(s) with you.
- Please bring the means to pay your estimated financial responsibility, if you have been notified of one.
- Arrange to have someone drive you home.
ON THE DAY OF PROCEDURE
- You will be registered by one of our business office staff, asked to pay any estimated financial responsibility and asked to take a seat in our waiting area for a short time.
- When you are called from the waiting room, a staff member will escort you to the changing area and give you any assistance you may need. From here you will proceed to the pre-operative area.
- In the pre-operative area, you will meet your registered nurse and anesthesiologist. They will review your medical history with you and answer any questions you may have. You will be asked to verify the procedure you are about to have performed.
- After you procedure, you will be taken to our recovery area, where you will be monitored until you are ready for discharge. Prior to discharge, a registered nurse will review with you any instructions and prescriptions given to you by your physician with your family/friend.
- For your care and safety, you must arrange to have someone drive you home.
- Once home, please plan to rest for the remainder of the day.
- Someone should plan to be with you for a 24-hour period after you return home.
- Please expect a telephone call from one of our staff within a few days. We will be checking on you to monitor your recovery, answer any questions you may have and inquire about your satisfaction with the care given at our center.
- If you have any questions regarding your procedure and your visit with us, please do not hesitate to call.